If you are obsessed with coffee and ice cream both, this is your lucky day. I have brought to you this amazing Coffee And Cardamom Ice Cream recipe, that you simply HAVE to try.
It is an easy and delicious ‘custard’ type ice cream that uses condensed milk to give an extra creamy smooth mouthfeel. The cardamom adds a favour that is suitable for Indian taste and best for celebrations.
Coffee And Cardamom Ice Cream
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Waiting Time: 2-3 hours
• 2 cups light cream (35% fat cream)
• 125 ml coarsely ground coffee powder (preferably darker roast)
• 6 whole cardamoms, lightly crushed
• Pinch of cinnamon
• ½ tsp salt
• 4 egg yolks
• 300 ml condensed milk
1. Combine the cream, coffee, cardamom, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Bring it to a boil, then remove from heat and let it stay for 20 minutes.
3. Strain cream mixture into a saucepan and return to medium-high heat until heated through.
4. Whisk the egg yolks and condensed milk in a bowl until pale and smooth.
5. Slowly whisk hot cream mixture into the yolk mixture until smooth.
6. Cover and chill completely.
7. Pour this chilled mixture directly into the ice cream maker and follow the process (instructed in the ice cream maker).
8. Transfer to a sealable container, and freeze until set.